August marks the sixth consecutive month Eagle County real estate had more than $300M in sales. This brings the year-to-date total to nearly $2.5B; 66% higher than last year's volume year to date. This was accomplished over 1,810 transactions, which includes 234 transactions in August. Here are some highlights:
- The average price of a residential home for August was $1,554,147.
- There were 10 sales over $5M.
- The highest price home sold in Vail Village for $15.9M.
- The bulk of the August residential sales came in the $500,000 - $1,000,000 category with 20 homes selling in Eagle at an average price of $908,745.
- Avon had 17 sales that averaged $980,256
- The Vail Das Shone/Vail Heights area had 12 sales that averaged just over $924,000.
Of note, through the first half of 2021, Eagle County had an 11% increase in the residential average sales price, while Routt County had a 52% increase. Eagle County also saw a 115% increase in transactions over 2020, compared to Pitkin County which saw an increase of 142%.
Please view all the details on the Mountain Communities Report below.